Doing Writing from Scratch – 7 Surprisingly Simple Tips
Are you an aspiring writer? Did you want to develop your writing skills? Or does your teacher give you the assignment to write an essay on a particular topic?
Well, here are 7 simple tips to get writing well done.
1. Start from building your ideas – writing is a long process, in order to come up with a good write up, start conceptualizing the ideas you want to include in your writing. Gather sufficient information to support your ideas and begin to plan. Also, target your audience who will read your story and consider the contentions of language use.
2. Conceptualize your plot – the plot is very important in writing, it is the summary of what the story would go on. By conceptualizing your plot, you are going to have this whole idea of the story you are writing about. In plot, it includes characters (protagonist and antagonist), settings, conflict, ts, and ending. er, by making a plot, it is your basis and guide for the wholeness of the story you are writing about.
3. Make a draft – a good writer always do drafting, by doing so, you are letting ideas to flow. In this portion, you are beginning to tell the story by describing the characters, setting, and putting the characters into conflicts. In drafting you are writing on:
- – How the story begins?
- – Who are the characters? (main and supporting characters)
- – Where the story did takes place aka the setting?
- – What motivated the characters to do such behaviors manifested in the story?
- – What is the conflict?
- – Is there a hero in your story, if so how did he/she manage to beat the odds?
- – Provide resolution and
- – How did the story ends?
Basically, drafting is very important in writing your story. It helps you to polish your story in the future.
4. Sleep on it – after creating your draft, sleep on it for a day, this will help you think of other ways to include more information if necessary. If you do have thought to add more ideas, write ton a piece of paper, make it sure it is bulleted to highlight the important things you want to include before getting back on your draft.
5. Review your draft – you have to make sure that your write up is great, so by reviewing your drafted story, you are looking for the flaws in your writing like grammar, spelling, punctuations, a sequence of events and this is the time you can add or ve ideas in your story. Make it sure that all the necessary information are not missed out. If you’re not keen with the mistakes, you may ask your teacher to edit your work by identifying the errors in your draft especially grammar because you don’t want your story to be flawed.
6. Reread – after polishing your story, reread it, or ask friends to read your written story and get their opinions after
reading it, this will help you identify the parts that need imports. You can also ask if they can suffice ideas to spice up your story. Now
er, you have the full control of your story, so it’s up to you if you choose the suggestions of your friends.
7. Polish your story – your write up has been through a lot of editing, at this point you are 95% done with your story. However, you need to polish it further in order to come up for a perfect body of work.
Now you’re done with your writing, all your efforts have paid off, share your story to others and inspire end always er, you can be a good writer, that’s why you have to practice more to tell a story in the greatest way.